RE-Advert MASTER TRAINER FOR HOME LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH FIRST ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE
Molteno is looking for a vibrant African Home Language Master Trainer who is proficient in Sepedi. The incumbent must have knowledge of English First Additional Language as well as Numeracy as s/he will be expected to support coaches in the delivery of the Foundation Phase curriculum in Grades 1, 2 and 3. The successful incumbent will be based at Molteno’s Johannesburg (Houghton) Head Office.
- Elicit support from district officials, school leadership teams and coaches to ensure buy-in to the project objectives;
- Establish and maintain sound relationships with project teams, schools, and circuit and district officials;
- Represent the organisation at relevant meetings;
- Prepare presentations for relevant meetings;
- Develop and maintain a constructive, committed and effective project team dynamic;
- Manage relationships with coaches, and all stakeholders in a constructive and collegial manner;
- Work closely with the Lead Coach(es) and Home Language, English First Additional Language and Numeracy teams to ensure the strategic alignment of project activities with District and Provincial activities;
- Contribute to the project design process;
- Manage his/her work for effective and efficient delivery against project outcomes;
- Report on project implementation in accordance with reporting specifications and standards;
- Participate in and contribute to project team meetings, planning and reporting processes;
- Design and develop relevant research-based materials such as training guides and assessments, as well as materials for use in the leadership and management component;
- Deliver professional training to Foundation Phase coaches and/or teachers;
- Conduct workshops where necessary.
- A post graduate degree in Education, specialising in Sepedi Home Language and English First Additional Language
· Knowledge of Tshivenḓa and Xitsonga would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the FP Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS)
- Experience in Foundation Phase Literacy and Numeracy support projects such as the GPLMS, EGRS and PSRIP would be an advantage
· Previous coaching experience an advantage
- Own transport and valid unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license for extensive travel
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication
- Good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a complex environment
- Broad understanding of the Basic Education environment in South Africa.
Interested candidates should forward a motivational letter, certified copies of their qualifications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 27 March 2020. Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you have not been contacted within a month after the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application as unsuccessful. This position will be available from the 14 April 2020.
Late applications will not be considered.