(WITH KNOWLEDGE OF LITERACY TEACHER DEVELOPMENT)
Molteno Institute for Language and Literacy (The Institute) is a South African literacy NGO based in Johannesburg with footprints in some provinces and the African continent.
The Institute is looking for a Project Manager with early literacy expertise and full knowledge of the South African education system and its complexities, the CAPS and related policies that govern districts and schools. S/he will need to have interpersonal skills that will allow him/her to work harmoniously with government officials, consortium partners and Molteno staff.
The incumbent shall have practical knowledge of developing materials as well as accreditation processes in South Africa.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The incumbent reports directly to the Molteno CEO as well as the Project Director (Chief of Party) who is the overall head of the project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports the project team in with his/her technical literacy expertise;
- Manages the day-to-day implementation of the component of the project for which Molteno is responsible
- Contribute to discrete technical work on thematic issues related to language and literacy, education & training, and program development;
- Develop, or assist with the development of, materials or modules for the training of the as per project scope of work;
- Develop, or assist with the development of, tools of the trade for trainers;
- Participate and/or lead field, provincial level training on aforementioned tools, guidelines and resources.
- Provide support in contract/grant management especially documentation and organization, for the overall effective implementation of the project, and the entire training program portfolio;
- Act as the key liaison with project technical team, in the targeted provinces.
- Participate in project meetings and mandatory report writing;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills will be an added advantage.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Honours’ degree, preferably Master’s Degree in Applied Linguistics;
- Knowledge of early grade reading and assessment;
- A qualification or experience in Project Management;
- Knowledge of one or all of the Sotho languages,
- Minimum 5 years in public education and project management experience, preferably in a national or International NGO;
- Experience in working with funders and funded projects;
- Proven experience in curriculum development and management programs.
- Experience in adult education, capacity building and/or literacy teacher development and coaching activities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of one of the Sotho languages, or Setswana, and verbal and written English,
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment;
- High degree of computer literacy including MS Office, presentation software and knowledge resource databases (recommended), search engines etc.
- Help develop programmatic tools, guidelines and resources to support teachers
- Participate and/or lead field, regional and national level training on aforementioned tools, guidelines and resources;
- Understanding of budgetary processes, or at least minimum financial literacy;
Interested candidates must submit their CVs accompanied by a covering letter to email@example.com.