(NQF Level 4)
This is an entry-level Qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development, specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). This Qualification will enable you to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs), and enable you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in educational institutions.
- Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- Second language at NQF level 2 or equivalent.
- Matric Certificate/Resume with working experience.
- 10 months
Type of Learning:
- Training session takes place on Saturdays and during school holidays. The support sessions to be held in Johannesburg Tutorials could be arranged where practitioners are working.
- Plan and prepare for Early Childhood Development
- Facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers, and young children
- Provide care and support for babies, toddlers, and young children.
- The course is divided into 3 components which are integrated and occupationally directed. The components are the Knowledge, Practical and Workplace. The course is premised on Prior knowledge of Practitioners.
- R1500.00 per module (VAT exclusive)
- Module 1: Introduction to the Early Childhood Development Sector (234201000-KM-01)
- Module 2: Theories and Perspectives of Childhood Development (23201000-KM-02)
- Module 3: Planning and Programme Development in Early Childhood Settings (234201000-KM-03)
- Module 4: Facilitate and Mediation of Active Learning (234201000-KM-04)
- Module 5: Observation and Assessment in ECD (234201000-KM-05)
- Upon successful completion of your studies, you will receive an Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF 4 SAQA ID 97542, which is awarded by the QCTO.
The QCTO granted Molteno Institute for Language and Literacy full accreditation for the Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development Practitioner NQF 4 SAQA ID 97542 with 131 credits. Learner details are uploaded to the database upon enrolment. A QCTO verification concludes and confirms the learner successful achievement of the unit standards linked to the qualification. This achievement record will then be uploaded to the NLRD (National Learner Record Database) via the ETDP database.