Opportunity closing date:
Friday, 23 August, 2019
FOUNDATION PHASE (FP) COACHES - (4 POSITIONS)
In the following subjects: Mathematics; English First Additional Language; Home Languages (Sepedi, Setswana, IsiXhosa)
Anglo American South Africa and Platinum SA in partnership with the Department of Basic Education have launched the Anglo American South African Education Programme, a core part of Anglo American’s Sustainable Mining Plan. Additionally, Anglo American South Africa and Platinum SA are collaborating with SIOC-cdt in the Thabazimbi and Dwaalboom areas. The goal of the Programme is to improve the educational outcomes of learners in communities local to Anglo American Platinum Mogalakwena complex in Mapela, and Anglo American Platinum Amandelbult complex and SIOC-cdt beneficiary communities in Thabazimbi and Dwaalboom in Limpopo.
Molteno Institute for Language and Literacy in partnership with the Catholic Institute for Education seeks to appoint a Foundation Phase Coaches who reside in Mapela/Mokopane and or Thabazimbi and Dwaalboom
Responsibilities will include the following.
- Conduct support and mentoring visits at each school according to the schedule developed with the Project Lead Coach
- Conduct classroom visits, lesson observations and Coaching
- Provide in-class and in-school coaching
- Facilitate PLCs for the teachers that they support to reflect on opportunities for improvement
- Participate in train- the- trainer sessions aimed at enhancing their own professional growth and development
- Complete and file all prescribed coaching and reporting tools
- Develop monthly visit schedules and share same with their schools and relevant Subject Advisors
- Conduct regular technologically-driven contact sessions with teachers (Skype, WhatsApp, SMS).
- Attend master trainer sessions, often during school holidays
- Train and support teachers in Mathematics, EFAL and Home Language
- Be responsible for the implementation of all project in schools assigned to you by the Project Lead Coach
- Provide rigorous data to the Project Lead Coach according to set deadlines.
- Provide monthly and / or quarterly reports to the Project Managers and funders as and when required.
- Attend internal project management meetings.
- Prepare presentations for meetings as required.
- Be a visible and professional project presence for each school and teacher.
- Report to the Project Lead Coach on all project related issues
· Experience in FP teaching
· Fluency in one or more of these languages: Sepedi, Xitsonga, Tshivenda and Afrikaans
· Previous coaching experience, an advantage
· Knowledge of the FP Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS)
· Skills required: management, administration, interpersonal, data management, coordination, problem solving, ability to use MS Word and Excel, verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a complex environment
· Experience in projects such as GPLMS, NECT, EGRS, RSP would be an advantage
· Own transport and valid unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license for extensive travel
· Police clearance certificate
· SACE registration
Preference will be given to local candidates. Interested candidate should forward a motivational letter, proof of residence in the area, certified copies of their qualifications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 23 August 2019. Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you have not been contacted within a month after the closing date of this advertisement, consider your application as unsuccessful. Late applications will not be considered.