The above-mentioned position is available at the Molteno Institute for Language and Literacy, NPC, in Johannesburg. We are looking for a responsible DTP layout artist to perform a variety of tasks in the Research & Development Unit. The applicant must know how to prepare print-ready files, and must be comfortable working in InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in children’s literature and learning and teaching support materials used in the Foundation Phase (Grade R, 1, 2 and 3). Ability to work with audio and video content files would be an advantage.
1. Key responsibilities
- Using DTP software to produce page layouts for publication
- Producing a variety of creative content for a variety of platforms in keeping with the company’s style
- Collaborating with developers and other units.
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
3. Knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of content creation for children’s literature
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to collaborate closely with project managers, content developers, and illustrators.
4. Personal attributes/skills
- Excellent work ethic, and ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Careful, thorough and pay attention to detail
- Strong creative, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Able to handle large volumes of work
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Fast and accurate
- Accountable and responsible.
Please send your curriculum vitae with motivational letter to: email@example.com
An accompanying example of work produced would be of benefit.